Heartprints-Kids For a Cause Foundation
About Us ...
- The beginnings of Heartprints-KIDS was as a natural evolution from a "Pay it Forward" school project in 2007 from then 12 year old Tamara – an assignment to plan and carry out an idea that would make a difference to the environment or community.
- We are a Not-for-profit charity fundraising organization, incorporated as Heartprint-KIDS for a Cause Foundation in March of 2008.
- After completing her "Pay It Forward" assignment, Tamara continued her fundraising efforts with Heartprints-KIDS for A Cause Foundation progressing into a youth-centered fundraising group supporting efforts to end homelessness in Calgary, Alberta holding 2 or 3 fundraising events each year.
- January 27, 2015 Dare Boldly Article "Acts of grace make the world a better place", by Louise Gallagher speaks to ongoing efforts Tamara made over the years.
- As of October 31, 2018, total monies raised since inception reached just over $11,771.00 (just over $7,684.00 has been donated to charities, with balance covering operating costs and supplies). All net sales proceeds have been donated to organizations chosen by Tamara for the programs they each run to help homeless people, including the working poor and, especially, for their focus on achieving affordable housing (Calgary Drop-In and Rehab Centre, Mustard Seed Ministry, Calgary Homeless Foundation, Inn From the Cold Society, Rowan House Emergency Shelter, and the Alpha House).
- Now that Tamara is a young independent adult, she continues her fundraising efforts in partnership with her mom, Bev.
- We hope you will help make a difference by supporting our efforts to make "Big Change Possible"!